Virtualization/ Citrix – Mid. Engineer
Reports to: Project/Program Manager
Education Required: Associates, Bachelors, or Masters Degree. Citrix Certification, CCNA, CISSP, Microsoft Certification, Security +, DoD 8570.01-M IAT II and CE requirements
The Virtualization/Citrix Engineer shall provide Cisco and Checkpoint capability to customer Information Operations to analyze, design, support and implement current and future virtualization architecture as it applies to the customer’s infrastructure and computing environment. He or she shall analyze virtualization and network architecture for feasibility, thoroughness, security, reliability and maintainability; and provide results of analysis to customer Information Operations. He or she shall develop and execute strategies for fielding, implementation, integration and migration efforts supporting the customer Information Operations enclave, to include: cost estimates, technical & schedule risks, and analysis of alternatives. The Mid-level Engineer shall attend weekly Peer Reviews and status update meetings and provide equipment and architecture expertise to assist customer Information Operations in answering specific functional and technical questions related to requirements, design and maintenance of network architecture both physical and logical and how it functions and relates to a virtualized environment. Design and implement EMC Clariion SAN environments to ensure high availability and acceptable performance characteristics for VMware Virtual Infrastructure and SAN-backed applications. He or she shall perform NetApp FAS/V-Series Configuration and Installation. Have hands on experience in iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel protocols, Fiber Channel cabling, switching, and zoning. Design, install, configure VMware ESX (3.5), ESXi, and vSphere 4 environments with VirtualCenter management, LabManager, Consolidated Backup, DRS, HA. Familiarization with ArcSight is a plus. The Engineer shall travel when necessary and directed to any customer site location in Southwest Asia, Europe or Africa.
Experience, Skills and Background required:
- Have 4-8 years experience.
- Ability to configure, maintain, and optimize a virtualized Citrix XenAPP server farm environment.
- Understanding of advanced routing and switching concepts.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches in a virtualized environment and remote locations.
- Experience managing switch technology as it relates to storage area network (SAN) and iSCSI storage devices in a VMware environment.
- Operational experience with enterprise firewall products
- Operational experience with maintaining a Windows server 2008R2 environment.
- Ability to secure servers in compliance with DOD IA requirements to include 8500 controls, secure technical implementation guides (STIG), best practice, etc.
- Meet DoD 8570.01-M IAT III and CE requirement. Meet customer computing environment requirement of MCSE/MCITP-EA or equivalent.
Salary Range: $TBD (8 x 5 Germany).
Prior military a plus. The Mid-level Engineer must be able to maintain a Secret security clearance and have the applicable documents:
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
- DoD Directive 8500.01E Information Assurance (IA)
- DoD Instruction 8500.2 Information Assurance (IA) Implementation
- DoD Instruction 8510.01 DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Information Assurance Technical Framework Release 3.1
Is the Transcendence environment right for you? Find out for yourself; call 866.382.3344 to apply.
Transcendence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Click here for more employment opportunities.